Selwood Equity Absolute Return UCITS Fund
The Selwood Equity Absolute Return UCITS (the Fund) is managed by Karim Moussalem (CIO, Equities) and Kevin Guillot (PM, Equities), both of Selwood Asset Management LLP (Selwood). Karim and Kevin bring over 35 years of experience trading European equities and developed their approach at Verrazano Capital, where Karim was the Co-Founder and Co-Portfolio Manager. Selwood’s differentiated approach relies upon a combination of trading and fundamental skills in an attempt to maximize returns and optimize the risk profile.
The Fund will primarily invest in European companies with a market cap in excess of USD 1 billion as well as mid capitalization companies and some large capitalization companies. The Fund will aim to have low net exposure and utilizes a disciplined investment approach to develop a concentrated high-conviction portfolio. The Fund is available in a UCITS format with daily liquidity.
- Investment philosophy: consistent returns tend to come from fundamentals with strong trading overlay. Fundamentals drive mid-to-long term, flows/technical short term. Combination of both important. Trading allows optimization of timing and better understanding opportunity set.
- Focus on companies with expected paradigm shift – both long and short. Benefit from high levels of dispersion. Extensive focus on the risk / reward.
- Idea generation: broad, diverse and sustainable approach that seeks combination of technical and fundamental analysis.
- Disciplined/defined portfolio construction where technical factors and fundamental drivers are reconciled: proprietary Five Star Rating Framework.
- Target investment horizon of 6-18 months so that both Earnings and Valuation change contribute to return profile while retaining the ability to be opportunistic in sharp market rotations.